POSTED: November 12, 2013 | CATEGORY:
James Dashner, here. Remember me? You don’t? I used to blog a lot.
Then came Facebook. And Twitter. And Instagram. And Tumblr. I can barely keep up with it all. The blog sorta got left in the dust.
But I missed it. I really did. Twitter is cool, and I use it a lot, but I missed being able to say whatever I want for as long as I want, nice and simple. And hearing your comments, all contained in one sweet little place. I’d been wanting to resurrect this thing for awhile.
I know there’s Tumblr, the modern, young, cool person’s blog. Maybe I’ll reach that status someday. But for now, there’s this, my official website (an update coming soon), my official blog.
So. Anyway. Here we are.
Now, I used to do a LOT of Top Ten Lists, randomly throwing things at you that popped in my head. The James Dashner method of updating his readers. What better way to rekindle the flame than to do that again? Here we go. As usual, the following are in no particular order, meaning, or significance. Just me, spouting. And for the sake of all those who are NOT on Twitter (@jamesdashner) or Facebook (James Dashner Page) or Instagram (@dashnerjames), I’m not going to assume you know the latest stuff.
1. The Eye of Minds. My latest book, out since October 8th. I’m so proud of it, and I want to hear from those of you who’ve read it! The book is out in the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. Coming soon in many other languages. It was bittersweet to leave Maze Runner behind, since that consumed my life for a good 5 years, but also very fun to begin something new. The best way I can describe it is The Matrix meets Inception.
POSTED: July 17, 2013 | CATEGORY:
I’m not quiet or dead, I promise!
It’s just that I have so many venues for communication, I’m trying to streamline a bit.
To keep tabs with me for now, please follow my constant (and often ridiculous) updates on Twitter (CLICK HERE) or my official Facebook Page (CLICK HERE). You don’t need accounts to view my updates, just view them on these links, online.
Some very exciting things coming up! The Eye of Minds comes out on October 8, 2013, and The Maze Runner movie hits theaters worldwide on February 14, 2014! For the official Facebook page for the movie, CLICK HERE.
POSTED: May 13, 2013 | CATEGORY:
I hereby proclaim May 13 as Glader Day, in honor of today being the first day of filming for the movie. All of us in the Dashner Army wish Director Wes Ball and the Cast of Perfection the best of luck as they go to the Glade and get to work. They’re going to be awfully busy for a few months.
In case you missed it on Facebook or Twitter, Entertainment Weekly revealed the first glimpse of concept art for the movie, as well as an awesome interview with Wes himself. It’s a must-read, and something I’ve scoured roughly three billion times.
Here’s the link: CLICK HERE.
Also, if you want the latest on the cast and crew, check out the IMDB page: CLICK HERE. This page also has links to the latest news regarding the movie. The EW article created a lot of buzz last week.
POSTED: April 29, 2013 | CATEGORY:
General Updates, Movie News
I want to give a full account of my trip to the Maze Runner set in Louisiana, but first, some housekeeping items:
1. I’m sorry I haven’t been on this actual blog in the last month. I’m trying to figure out the right balance between Facebook, Twitter, etc. I’ve been very active on Twitter, so I highly recommend you follow me there, even if you don’t have an account. You can still go and look at my tweets on the Twitter website. To follow, CLICK HERE. If you really want a peak into the nerdy, moronic, embarrassing life of yours truly, Twitter is the way to go. I often tweet without thinking first, which is usually a bad idea.
2. Also, Random House has created a new Facebook page for all things James Dashner. I’ll also give updates there, and the RH team will, too, including contests, prizes, news, etc. To follow (be sure to “like”), CLICK HERE.
3. For longer updates, I will keep doing this blog, as well. If this is all a bit confusing, I’m sorry! I just want to do my best to keep in touch with my readers because I love you guys. Awwwwwww!
Now, to give you a glimpse into the amazing trip I had to visit the set for the Maze Runner movie. Somehow I have to do this without spilling any beans, because the set is very closed – Fox wants everything hush-hush until they’re ready to bombard you with cool marketing of the movie itself. Images, teasers, trailers, etc. It’s going to be a fun year.
So, it was a short, jam-packed trip.
POSTED: March 6, 2013 | CATEGORY:
Time for another round of updates, you say? Okay, that sounds like an excellent idea.
1. MAZE RUNNER MOVIE: I think this will now be a common update, and so you all don’t go crazy, I’ll make it first. Now, I’m only allowed to put on here what has become public knowledge, at least for now. So here’s the scoop:
They are hot and heavy into the casting process. The only name that has surfaced is Will Poulter, for one of the lead parts that has not been named yet. This is not a done deal. Over on Facebook, people have been debating like wild animals over this, which is really fun to watch. Google his name and Maze Runner and you will see many articles about it. Poulter is a great actor, with recent roles in NARNIA and the critically acclaimed SON OF RAMBOW.
2. In case you missed it, 20th Century Fox officially announced the release date for the film as February 14, 2014. Valentine’s Day. Gives new meaning to the words, Counter-Programming.
3. Filming starts in May, and will be shot in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. More to come!
4. I did a podcast with fellow author Patrick Carman (and the great host, Jeremy Gonzalez) that I think you guys will have a lot of fun listening to. CLICK HERE to check it out.
5. This is very random, but someone made a Jeopardy board with all Maze Runner questions, I mean answers, that you might enjoy. Get bloodthirsty and make sure you win. Now go. CLICK HERE.
6. I’m hard at work on the sequel to THE EYE OF MINDS, which comes out October 8th this year. It’s weird working on a sequel to a book that no one has read. But I feel really good about it and know you guys will love it!
7. Speaking of which, Random House will be releasing short little videos throughout the year of me, talking about the book and teasing you mercilessly. The first one is very short, but you can check it out: CLICK HERE.
8. As part of this, I’ll also be doing a monthly chat on Twitter where you guys can ask me anything you want! It should be fun. In fact, the first one is tomorrow night (Thursday, March 7) at 9:00 EST, USA. All you have to do is follow the hashtag of #dashnerchat. You don’t even need an account to do it, just go to twitter.com and search for that hashtag.
9. What I’m reading: Here’s my Wheel of Time update: I finished Book 9! Which means I only have 5 to go. Wowzers. But I really like it. The end of Book 9 is some crazy stuff. Taking a break from that, I’m now reading THE SHINING by my idol, Stephen King. Why? Because he is coming out with a sequel this year, that’s about Danny grown up. Woohoo!!!!!!
10. I recently finished the third season of BOARDWALK EMPIRE from HBO. Man, it’s so amazing. I love gangster stuff and the last episode was just awesome. I’ll be watching THE WIRE season 4 and DEXTER season 6 soon. Because I know you guys care about my obsession with the golden age of television. It’s hard to keep up with so many excellent shows. Only 25 days until GAME OF THRONES and a few months from the final 8 episodes of BREAKING BAD. The honest truth: these shows inspire my writing GREATLY.
More to come. Have a great week, and, as always, THANK YOU for reading my books and being so loyal.
Page 1 of 7712345...102030...»Last »